3 tablespoons butter, soft
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups coarsely broken walnut meats
3 1/2 cups pitted dates, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Butter and line with parchment paper a rectangular baking pan.
3. Start by beating your Beat butter in a bowl. Gradually add sugar and beat until mixture appears grainy.
4. One at a time add eggs, beating well after each one.
5. Stir in milk and vanilla.
6. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
Then add to butter mixture and stir until blended. then mix dates and walnuts gently into batter.
7. Transfer batter to pan; smooth top. Bake for about 35 minutes,until top is brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen.
Reverse carefully onto cookie sheet. Peel off parchment. Invert again.
Cool. Cut into bars. Sift powder sugar all over.