makes 20 men
2 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger
110g butter diced
1 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
4 tbl golden syrup (substitute pancake syrup and dark brown sugar)
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180’c and prepare baking trays.
2. Combine flour, soda, ginger.
3. Rub the butter into the mixture.
4. Add sugar.
5. Add egg to golden syrup and add to the rest of the mixture.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll mixture on a dry surface (you may use flour) and using a gingerbread man cutter, cut into the mixture and repeat.
7. Bake 12-15 minutes
8. Let it stand for 2 minutes and remove from baking trays to completely cool off on a wire rack.
9. Decorate with icing (eyes/buttons/arms/legs)