-1 whole snapper (about 1.5 kg) cleaned and scaled
- ¼ cup olive oil for baking
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh or dried oregano Salsa Verde
- 2 tbsp capers
- 6 Anchovies finely chopped
- ½ cup cornichons roughly chopped
- French for "gherkin," cornichons are crisp, tart pickles made from tiny gherkin cucumbers.
- 1.5 cups Parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup Basil leaves roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Panko is a variety of flaky bread crumb
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC score the fish in the deepest part of the flesh. Drizzle with olive oil season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
2. Place onto a baking dish generously drizzled with olive oil ( this will stop the fish from sticking)
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked (the flesh will separate and expose the bone where you have scored when it is done.
4. For the SALSA VERDE:
- While the fish is baking, add the capers, anchovies, cornichons, parsley, garlic, basil, lemon juice and rind in a bowl, mix to combine the sauce.
- Toast the breadcrumbs in a non-stick frypan until crisp and golden.
- Transfer the cooked fish to a serving dish, sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs onto the fish and spoon the sauce over the top.