Prepare your ingredients
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups homemade enchilada sauce or one 28oz can
- 3/4 cup oil in a shallow pan or a baking dish
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese or other fillings
*Check my recipe section for Enchilada Sauce under Mexican Enchilads
1.Prepare your ingredients
2. Prepare tortiilas: Warm your oil over very low heat. You want it very warm, but not so hot that it could burn you. Keep another dish or pan on hand to keep over low heat to keep the tortillas warm. Dip each tortilla in the warm oil for about 5-8 seconds until tortilla is warmed through. Set aside in warming pan to stay warm until you're ready to use them.
3.Dip tortillas in chile sauce : Put the chile or enchilada sauce in a shallow dish or bowl so that you can easily dip the tortillas in it. Take one tortilla and carefully dip it into the sauce until it is thoroughly coated.
4.Add fillings: Lay the sauce coated tortilla in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Place 2-3 tablespoons of filling down the middle. Fold one side over, then the other side. Turn it over seam side down so the tortilla stays closed. Repeat with each tortilla, until you have filled the pan. Depending on the amount of filling of used and the size of the tortilla, you may use between 10-14 tortillas.
5.Add remaining sauce: Pour the remaining sauce evenly over all of the enchiladas. Cover with some more
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
6.Bake and Enjoy!
*Pair it with some spanish rice!